Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This invitation for a show running all this summer at the Contemporary Museum in Honolulu was a complete surprise for me when I pulled it out of my mailbox. If you look close, there's my name there in between Georgia O'Keeffe & Philip Guston. Thanks to curator Jay Jensen, the Contemporary has a small sculpture & one of my Targets in their permanent collection. The Target they have was made to be exhibited unwound, as an installation similar to this one in the Czech Republic, but they are currently exhibiting it wound. Whatever. It's allegedly on a wall between a Guston & a Sam Francis, so heck they could hang it in a paper bag if they wanted to.

We have boxes & boxes of Jen's book here at the house, ready for her to sign & ship. I like taking them out of the boxes & lining them up everywhere.

And, finally, here below is proof that my typically-less-than-sunny disposition is not as unhealthy or self-defeating as the Pollyannas of the world would like me to believe.